With Mother’s Day quickly approaching, many people turn to giving the gift of a spa retreat to our hard working mom’s, and those relaxing spa days are well deserved! If only the same excitement of the spa came from your pet! Some spa trips can be stressful for dogs (cats too!) and maybe the below list is part of the reason why. A lot happens during a pet groom and some of it isn’t very pleasant for your fur-kids (or for the groomer!)…definitely not quite as relaxing as your day at the spa. Read on for some funny (and not so funny!) reasons why your pet’s grooming costs more than yours. Hopefully you laugh at some of these on your next trip to the spa (pet or human). Happy Mother’s Day!
20 reasons why your pet’s grooming costs more than yours:
1. Your hairdresser doesn't give you a bath
2. Your hairdresser doesn't give you a manicure and pedicure
3. You don't try to bite or scratch your hairdresser
4. You don't wiggle, spin or try to jump out of the hairdresser' s chair
5. Your hairdresser only cuts the top of your head, not your whole body
6. You don't try to hump the hairdresser
7. Your hairdresser doesn't wipe boogies from your eyes
8. Your hairdresser doesn't pluck and clean your ears
9. Your hairdresser doesn't squeeze your anal glands
10. You don't poop or pee while you are getting your hair cut
11. Your hairdresser does not remove fleas or ticks
12. You don't go 6 weeks (or more) without brushing or washing your hair
13. Your hairdresser doesn't brush your teeth
14. You don't try to bite the clippers. scissors, brush, nail clippers, or dryer
15. It doesn't take 3 people to trim your nails
16. Your hairdresser doesn't have to de-matt your hair
17. Your hairdresser would never wash your butt
18. Your hair dresser doesn't give you a "sanitary trim"
19. Your hair dresser likely doesn’t have to deal with your bad odors (bad breath, glands, farts, infected ears)
20. You don't whine, howl, bark, snarl, meow or hiss while having all this done!
Prefer to bathe your pet at home? We carry all natural products in our store from shampoo/conditioner, to teeth cleaning, to brushes and more! You can create a spa in a place already familiar to your pet. Now talk about relaxing! Warm Woofs!